Saturday, March 3, 2012

You know it's hard.. (A friendly Saturday post)

What does it mean to trust? (I think) it means to give up some thing to some one/thing else. To give it away. That's what God's been doing with me lately: teaching me to trust Him. To give Him not one thing, not most things, but everything. It's hard, and my life's been hard lately.

But why should I worry? Everything I've given up, is now in much better hands.

I could go on and about the specific things God is teaching me to trust Him with, and I could show you how He has used every circumstance for my benefit and His glory,(Romans 8:28). But I don't think I really need to: I know He's doing the same stuff in your life.  You may not see it now, but I bet the more you trust Him, the more you watch what is going on, and the more you are willing to be content with askew plans, the more you'll see Him working.

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take Him at His word.
just to take Him at His word, just to rest upon His promise...

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, I've prov'd Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus, O for grace to trust Him more."

"We will never walk alone."-Jars of clay, "Shelter"

On that note, glad to be back! Will plan on updating more often(honest!).

 What I've been:

Reading: Jane Eyre. So far so good.  Bronte is excellent at describing how a woman thinks and feels. Any writer who wishes to portray an elegant mind's thinking habits, should study Jane Eyre. Also, Bronte is excellent at description! I hope to finish soon, will update more then.

VG's: Just finished Paper Mario Thousand Year old Door. One of the funniest games I've played! It is nearly perfect in every way, (iow, I can hardly think of anything that could be improved).  Some of my favorite quotes:

 [a random goomba who wants a girldfriend]: "Will you go out with me?"
[Goombella]: No, I'm, uh, with Mario!
[Mario]: ??!?!?
[random goomba]: ".....................................................................
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan,
I've had enough of this!
*walks a little*
PEACE!"
*leaves*

[Yoshi, a scruffy yet (dare I say it) cute little guy]:
"Big deal'?!? You stink, Mister! Why'd you wanna turn them into pigs, anyway?"
"They're sending us all their wishes and positive energy... That is so AWESOME!"
[at the arctic] "It's stupid cold!"
 "So, that last Crystal Star we got on the Moon… NO! We're IDIOTS!
 (I intend to write a review of this game sometime. Once I don't have a musical breathing down my back. I reccomend it to almost everyone.)

Music: Audrey Assad's Heart,(So good!) Monk & Neagle: "Fallin"(from 21st time), Mat Kearney's newest album :Young Love, a good amount of David Crowder(All I can Say, Church Music Give us Rest), and some Jon Foreman(Winter Ep).

What's everyone listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment