Monday, July 2, 2012

"Beautiful Eulogy"

(This is an entry in Wisdom from Musicians.  A series dedicated to bringing you wisdom from artists.  Despite how hard it may be to find. )


This is a rap/song from Beautiful Eulogy (yes, the song is from their title).  I just thought I'd share it with yall.  but first, let me props a thought to you: what is a beautiful eulogy?  First of all, an eulogy is type of poem dedicated to someone's life after they have died.  It is supposed to praise or commend them for their life, or at least some part of it.  So what is a beautiful eulogy, from a Christian perspective? 

"When it is my time to go, go ahead and take me home, I wanna be with You."

"Well done, good and faithful servant.  Enter into your rest."

This is not our home, nor is it where we belong.  We are in enemy controlled territory.  Some day we will either join our King as He prepares to invade this world, or we will join Him when He lands.  Either way it's all good: we either live as Christ or we die and meet Him.  Either way it's about Him.  So a Christian/beautiful eulogy is one about a life that ends in Jesus. 

With that, enjoy the song! (you can download it for FREE LEGALLY in my previous post)




"Beautiful Eulogy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78MXG7NEE2M

There used to be a time 
      when we were fine 
living life
 with no particular religious bend. 
Pretending to be our own Gods
inventing our own systems of belief so as to not depend 
on anything other than our own self governing consent. 
Defending an impending doom 
with no perceived need to concede or repent.
 Presuming our innocence in a sense dissent. 
The sting of death was only the inevitable end 
of everything we could never rightly understand or comprehend. 

We used to fear the unknown 
until God made himself known and atoned
mending the relationship between God and men. 
Giving his life as a ransom for many when he died and ascended,
and in that one event the certainty of eternal death was circumvented.
Making a way for the day when history stops and time suspends. 
Spending eternity in fellowship that never ends. 

We see the greatest expression of God's love extended
in the moment when those who were once enemies instead became
God's friends.

When it is my time to go, 
go ahead and take me home 
I wanna be with You.
I wanna be with You.

How sweet the Gospel sounds to ears like mine,
well acquainted with pain and strained relationships,
 friendships that suffer from long distances, 
or even worse they get severed from something more severe. 

And He still hasn't wiped away all my tears yet.
My cheeks get wet every now and then. 

Even when I give my best, I know I fall short.
I get scared when the ball's in my court. 
Focused on my performance, wretched and poor,
It makes the message more real when I preach it.

 I'm not there yet so I'm reaching,
reaching for a goal:
to stand before my King and be speechless.
Then, never again,
will I question if his grace 
is sufficient to cover my sin. 

Cause death is gone, and all
the effects of, evil and wrong 
will be conquered when His kingdom comes. 

So this is my hope and my prayer. 
The air that I'll breath in eternity with lungs that never fail me.
 If it pleases my Lord, and only by Your grace, 
use my life till it's poured out for Your sake. 

Until then I'll remain where You have me, 
with joy when I feel unhappy. 
And a peace that surpasses all my understanding,
 my life is in the hands of Your love everlasting.

When it is my time to go, 
go ahead and take me home 
I wanna be with You.
I wanna be with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment