Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just a quick thought

  What a petty, selfish culture we live in.  I hate being with "popular people".  You know the really pretty girls who flaunt and flirt and make sure you know they're pretty, and the guys who swagger about and talk about said girls all the time. (Ok I don't actually hate being with them, I rarely hate in general, let alone being with someone).  It's just that I'd much rather be with children or handicapped kids or some awkward homeschoolers in need of friends than them.  Children are so honest, so pure (well, usually). Haha Man, I love kids. They're not worried about college, or drama, or grades, they just want a mother and father that loves them, enough food to fill them up, a cozy bed, and some time to play. They understand what's really important in life. I have some friends who are 8 that understand God's love way better than some of my 18 year old friends!  And then we brush them aside like they're too young or weird to merit our attention.  What, a shame.
   I used to be that lonely awkward kid that no one cares about, (although sometimes I still feel that way.), the kid no one ever talked to because he was too shy to step out and make friends.  Well, God brought me out of that.  But I relate to them, I see their pain and I want to help them through it.  I guess I just don't enjoy being with selfish people--those who never see past their own desires and never strive to show God's love to those around them.  I mean, I would much rather talk with a little boy about spaceships and gorillas than talk with a teenager whose about crushes and hair.  I know no one's perfect, I'm not, I fail so many times simply trying to be a good friend to those around me.  I'm not trying to get on someone.  I'm just sad at how my peers are so small minded and self-centered sometimes.  We have so much BETTER things to think about (especially you, my Christian brothers and sisters).  You wanna change?  Pray for your friends, and ask them what you can pray for them about.  That's a good start.

Who did Jesus hang out with?  "Jesus loved the outcast.  He loved the ones the world just loved to hate."  Ultimately it comes down to love.  Jesus loved them so much that He died for them, are we willing to ask "How are you doing?"  Love is not selfish, it thinks of others first, it's a marvelous, wonderful thing and we need more of it.

   Just a quick thought
 (I struggle with this too, forgive me and my failures and especially if I wrong you.)

3 comments:

  1. Can I add an 'amen'?! Very good post; I can certainly relate! Thanks for reminding us about what's truly important (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob, hope I didnt come across as too harsh. Heehee

      Delete
  2. I needed this. Thank you so much. Just in time for the track party. ;)

    P.S. I smell a Relient K reference... haha good song good song

    ReplyDelete